Shish Kebab

I wouldn't have found out about this place if it weren't for a hot tip from the Cairns Discord Server. They've literally put the place on the (google) map.

freshly grilled, juicy lamb kofta

The kitchen is in what could probably best be described as a shipping container off to the left side of the Aumuller Street entrance to the Bungalow LPO parking lot, near the corner of Scott Street.

The menu is concise. Chicken Shawarma. Lamb Kofta. Lamb Souvlaki. Halloumi Salad. Falafel. 
The first two are the most highly recommended by the Cairns Discord server.

Despite the brevity of the menu, if you see more than one person waiting there's going to be a little wait as it's cooked to order. Stick around, it's worth the small interruption to your day.

On my first visit I drove my lamb kofta 15 minutes home, perfectly perched in the cupholder in the centre console, and while it held up brilliantly and tasted amazing enough for me to drive back out for a second visit today, this time I ate my lamb kofta in the carpark. I strongly suggest you do the same.

They also seem to usually give a complimentary little bag of potato chips on the side (I possibly made a faux pax by offering to pay for them), coated in a magical concoction of salt and mediterranean herbs.

Even if they've cooled off, they taste amazing cold. I wish I knew the trick for deep fried chips that don't go soggy.

Chips with herb salt



Comments